One of my readers was kind enough to shine a light in my direction and passed on the Kreativ Blogger Award to me. In turn, I am to pass it on as follows.
The rules for this award are:
- Thank the blogger who gave me the award and provide a link. My thanks go out to Carol Anne across the pond in Glasgow. Please stop by and visit her and catch up on her thoughts about food and life at rocksalt.
- List 7 things about myself that my readers might find interesting
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know
Seven little known and probably not earth shattering facts about moi:
- I have a bee phobia. If one comes near me I will run around in circles hysterically as if someone has just doused my pants with charcoal lighter and is about to light a match.
- In fifth grade I won a cake walk at school. For winning, I was awarded the most wickedly delicious German chocolate cake. My mother worked, so I came home with my prize to no witnesses. I sat at the kitchen counter and consumed the entire cake, never mentioning to this day either that I won it or didn’t share one bite.
- Although I have attended and hosted more than parties than I can list, I loathe huge cumbersome get togethers. An intimate group of six or eight, a nice bottle of wine, and some spicy conversation, is more my style.
- I wish I’d learned to ride a motorcycle. Riding on the back with the wind in my hair (before helmets, yes, yes) is the most freeing feeling. With my track record for catastrophes I’m sure lives have been saved by this omission.
- Hopelessly steeped in romance, I could literally dance all night.
- If I could afford it I would buy a lovely tropical island and a sailboat, and disappear on both often.
- My idea of a fun evening at home would be to watch “To Kill a Mockingbird”, eat grilled cheeseburgers and fresh corn, and be with my other half. His would be the 49er’s game, liver and onions, and me. As you can tell, we have us in common and not much else.
Now, for my seven nominations I choose:
- Cayla– Cayla is a New Yorker who brings the most fabulous looking dishes from New York’s seemingly endless supply of food sources.
- ktbloom – KT is an earth mover from Colorado (a gardener at one with the soil and all things plant), whose blogs always make me feel peaceful and refreshed.
- southernbrewman – Daniel brings a little bit of the south into my life, a part of it left far behind but still quite fresh in my mind.
- 1001scribbles – Ana Lucia in Portugal – beautiful photographs. Always worth stopping by.
- YummyLummy – Gary Lum from down under – interesting recipes from Australia.
- thelegaltart – A bit of vegan’s view – great recipes from the legal tart.
- Veritably Verbose – Excellent tips on writing – interesting posts.
So, that’s what I know for today. It’s raining and my fingers are tired. Thanks again for reading. It’s nice to know you’re out there.